I’m delighted to announce the release of WP-United v0.8.5. This release is a snapshot of the changes that have taken place in WP-United over the past few weeks: There are a few new features and options, and plenty of bug fixes. I wanted to release these changes beore focusing on the bigger changes coming in v0.9.
Visit the download page to get the latest version. Upgrade instructions are included.
The detailed list of changes is as follows:
- Fixed plugin fixer not covering all global variables
- Fixed plugin fixer not working with plugins that use PHP short tags
- Suppress errors during the WP-United Setup Wizard for people with open_basedir restrictions
- Fixed: If forum and blog are both in root directory, add explicit “index.php” to the forum link
- Added more classes to the login / userinfo widget to facilitate styling.
- NEW option: cross-post excerpts or full posts. Three choices: Excerpt / full post / ask each time
- Fixed tags/categories not showing up properly on cross-posted posts
- show “cross-post” in past tense in force xpost box if already xposted.
- added two new configuration options, SHOW_BLOG_LINK, and WPU_INTEG_DEFAULT_STYLE — full info in options.php
- Fixed problem links in reverse integration, e.g. on phpBB FAQ page
- fixed uncategorized category checked when selecting cross-posting
- changed <br /> and <p> BBCode translations to \n rather than [br]
- Stopped allowing submission of blank cross-posted comments
- Fixed smiley path in cross-posted comments sometimes not correct
- User mapper is now case insensitive when looking for suggested phpBB username matches
- Added new option, WPU_SHOW_TAGCATS, to suppress display of categories & tags in cross-posts
- Fixed avatar and other details not synced when deleted by user in UCP
- Added option in options.php to define templates on which the WordPress header/footer should not appear, and pre-filled it with some shoutboxes.
- Installer auto-purges cache again when finished to ensure WP-United tab appears