After a few tense last-minute bug-finding sessions, I’m pleased to announce WP-United v0.9.1.0.
This release includes some major code flow changes to address bugs. It requires updating both the WordPress and the phpBB side.
Get it from the Downloads Page, or hit “update” when prompted in WordPress.
What has changed? This:
- NEW: Quick poll widget! Can have multiple polls per page, can submit via AJAX, BBCode & smilies etc. work. Can use prosilver or subsilver2 forum styles.
- NEW: Forum top bar widget, complete with phpBB-style breadcrumbs in WordPress!
- NEW: Forum birthdays widget!
- NEW: phpBB MOD installation is now more closely checked, and we also ensure the phpBB MOD and WordPress plugin versions match.
- NEW: The cross-post prefix, [BLOG], can now be changed in the settings panel.
- NEW: Smilies now obey phpBB’s max smilies per post setting
- NEW: Get Help screen now shows active plugins, theme and memory settings to help in error reporting
- NEW: WP-United Extras: Drop-in plugins for easy additions to WP-United. The first ‘extra’ is the Quick poll widget! In future versions there will be a UI added to download additional extras.
- BUGFIX / NEW: Allow password portability for passwords with htmlentities or leading/trailing spaces
- BUGFIX / NEW: WordPress initial init is deferred when in phpBB until after phpBB auth has completed, this solves a number of login oddities with plugins and with admin bar not showing on phpBB-in-WordPress pages.
- BUGFIX: RTL layout not preserved when using template integration
- BUGFIX: Warnings on reply posting pages due to phpBB request variables interfering with WP_Query when template is integrated.
- BUGFIX: WordPress adding slashes to phpBB post and get variables
- BUGFIX: A number of minor bugs and error notices in widgets
- BUGFIX: Template cache not working when WordPress version has a dash in it (e.g. RC releases)
- BUGFIX: phpBB header/footer added to WP ajax on WordPress-in-phpBB pages
- BUGFIX: WP logout link in user profile/loginblock widget not showing phpBB status if user is not integrated
- BUGFIX: login/out link in “useful links” widget reversing login and logout actions
- BUGFIX: Better error handling if the plugin gets disabled due to errors