Cannot redeclare wp_unregister_GLOBALS()

If you need any help with installing WP-United for phpBB3, then you can ask for help here.
Forum rules
Posts reporting bugs, or requesting help with installation errors, MUST carry the following information:

• Information copy/pasted from the "Get Help" section of the WP-United admin panel.
  • A detailed description / exact copy of the error. If the error message is blank, please follow these instructions for uncovering the error
  • A list of any other phpBB mods you are using.

Please ensure you have also read the included README_FIRST file before posting.

Cannot redeclare wp_unregister_GLOBALS()

Postby FredW » Thu 27 Dec, 2012 3:43 am

I do get the following error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare wp_unregister_GLOBALS() (previously declared in /home/112werkforum.nl/public_html/112werkforum/wp-includes/load.php:18) in /home/112werkforum.nl/public_html/112werkforum/wp-includes/load.php on line 33

Phpbb works fine and wordpress works fine... but when I would like to show the forum, i.e. from the styles menu, then example, I get the error and the same from within wordpress.

Any suggestion ?
FredW
Friend
Friend

Re: Cannot redeclare wp_unregister_GLOBALS()

Postby Jhong » Thu 27 Dec, 2012 2:20 pm

Do you mean that you can't view the page when you preview a theme in the styles menu? Are you using template integration? phpBB-in-WordPress or the other way round?

Right now theme preview doesn't work on WordPress-in-phpBB pages; I'm trying to fix that.
Did WP-United help you with your site? Please help:
Thank you!

Please don't ask questions by PM :-)
Jhong
Site Admin
Site Admin

My WP-United Site: www.wp-united.com

Postby Jhong » Thu 27 Dec, 2012 4:24 pm

OK, I've looked at this problem a bit more -- it is not the same error as was causing the WP-in-phpBB pages not to be previewed.

On reflection I expect another plugin is causing the error. Did you already post your "get help" info so I can see your settings?
Thank you!

Jhong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby FredW » Fri 28 Dec, 2012 1:53 am

Hi John,

Thanks (again !) for your reply.

After you mentioning "Theme Intergration" I did the following. In Wp-United Settings I switched of Theme Intergration.

Then it worked. But I could only get the forum as, let's say, stand-alone forum. Meaning as if the forum is running outside of Wordpress.

Then I went back to the settings-option in Wp-United and selected theme-intergration (Phpbb-in-Wordpress) back to on.

And now it's working again.

Anyway, here is my help-dump (hopefully it gives you some information):

WP-United Version : 0.9.1.4
WordPress Version : 3.5
PHP Version : 5.3.3-7+squeeze14
WP-United enabled? : Yes
WordPress Home URL : http://www.san.it/san/
WordPress Base URL : http://www.san.it/san/
WordPress Plugin URL : http://www.san.it/san/ised/all/ele/
phpBB URL : http://www.san.it/san/ments/
Plugin Path : /are/san.it/hidden/san/ised/all/ele/
WordPress Path : /are/san.it/hidden/san/
phpBB Path : /are/san.it/hidden/san/ments/
Active plugins : adsense-extreme/adsensextreme.php, akismet/akismet.php, all-in-one-seo-pack/all_in_one_seo_pack.php, auto-thickbox-plus/auto-thickbox.php, avh-first-defense-against-spam/avh-fdas.php, bolcom-partnerprogramma-wordpress-plugin/bolcom-partnerprogramma-wordpress-plugin.php, cookie-law-info/cookie-law-info.php, custom-sidebars/customsidebars.php, download-manager/download-manager.php, google-analytics-for-wordpress/googleanalytics.php, m-vslider/rslider.php, mp3-jplayer/mp3jplayer.php, proplayer/pro-player.php, quick-adsense/quick-adsense.php, relevanssi/relevanssi.php, rvg-optimize-database/rvg-optimize-db.php, search-and-replace/search-and-replace.php, si-captcha-for-wordpress/si-captcha.php, si-contact-form/si-contact-form.php, simple-local-avatars/simple-local-avatars.php, tippy/tippy.php, top-10/top-10.php, uber-login-logo/uber-login-logo.php, ultimate-tinymce/main.php, wp-copyprotect/wp-copyprotect.php, wp-most-popular/wp-most-popular.php, wp-pagenavi/wp-pagenavi.php, wp-polls/wp-polls.php, wp-slimstat/wp-slimstat-dashboard.php, wp-slimstat/wp-slimstat.php, wp-socializer/wp-socializer.php, wp-table-reloaded/wp-table-reloaded.php, wp-united/wp-united.php, yet-another-related-posts-plugin/yarpp.php
Current theme : daily
Allocated memory : 45884.4054581M
Memory limit : 64M
Locale : nl_NL
integrateLogin : 1
showHdrFtr : REV
wpSimpleHdr : 1
dtdSwitch : 0
phpbbCensor : 0
wpPageName : page.php
phpbbPadding : 6-12-6-12
xposting : 0
phpbbSmilies : 0
integcreatewp : 1
integcreatephpbb : 1
xpostautolink : 0
xpostforce : -1
xposttype : excerpt
xpostprefix : [BLOG]
cssMagic : 1
templateVoodoo : 1
useForumPage : 1
wpuxpostcomments : 0

--------------------

By the way, if you need any additional information which can help you to support other users, just let me know!

Regards,

Fred

ps. I will keep you updated about my finding, now I'm ready to setup the forum... good work !
FredW
Friend
Friend

Postby Jhong » Fri 28 Dec, 2012 2:12 am

Thank you.

I expect it is a plugin conflict -- probably phpBB is conflicting with one of your active plugins. If you are able to narrow it down at all I can update WP-United to work around the conflict. I hope to eliminate as many conflicts as possible.
Thank you!

Jhong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby FredW » Fri 28 Dec, 2012 4:48 am

Hi John,

Currently, even with all the plug-in's deactivated I get the same error only when I want to log out as user on the forum. Same happens when the theme is intergrated or not.

All the other forum items works.

Any suggestion ?

Regards,

Fred
FredW
Friend
Friend

Postby Jhong » Fri 28 Dec, 2012 9:15 am

Try the nightly package from the download page. You just need to copy over the WordPress plugin.

Does it solve the problem?
Thank you!

Jhong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby FredW » Sat 29 Dec, 2012 2:50 am

Hi John,

I think I've figured it out... what I did was deactivating all my installed plug-in's one by one and tested it in between.

Meaning once I did deactivate a plug-in, tested the integration of PhpBB (having 34 plug-in's installed was not a nice thing to do....), but once I got to:

Pro Player (version 4.7.9.1) from Isa Goksu.... it worked. You can find it here:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/proplayer/ .

Luckely I do not have many messages on my wordpress blog using this plug-in, so it's not a real problem for me. It's a nice plug-in, but in my case I prefer your's over that one.

I'll keep you posted about my findings during further setup of PhpBB inside Wordpress.

Regards and again thanks for your support !!,

Fred
FredW
Friend
Friend

Postby Jhong » Sat 29 Dec, 2012 11:12 am

Great, thanks for narrowing it down!
Thank you!

Jhong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby djsave » Wed 23 Jan, 2013 6:36 pm

I have this problem arises due to the fault galleries of the plug.
_http://codeasily.com/wordpress-plugins/flash-album-gallery/flag _
If you disable the plugin all works. If you enable the plugin I get this error. When the plug-in, I unplug the integration theme and then everything else is working properly.
:cry:
djsave
New User
New User

Postby Jhong » Thu 24 Jan, 2013 1:11 am

Hi,

Is the error exactly the same? On which pages do you see it? (In WordPress admin, on the blog, or in the forum?)

Please could you also post your "Get Help" information.

With this information I will try to duplicate the problem and see if I can find a way to work around it in future.
Thank you!

Jhong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jhong » Mon 28 Jan, 2013 6:17 pm

Hi guys,

This error is happening because the plugin is calling WordPress core files, because they think WordPress isn't loaded. They don't recognise the way WP-United has loaded WordPress from within phPBB.

Look in the plugin files, and modify any line where they require, for example, wp-config.php, to ensure it only gets run if wordpress isn't loaded.

The contact the plugin author and ask them to include the fix -- they really shouldn't use require_once() to bootstrap WordPress without checking first.

Below is an example for how to fix proplayer.

To fix proplayer;

open: proplayer/playlist-controller.php

Find:

Code: Select all
 if (file_exists(dirname(dirname(dirname(dirname(__FILE__)))) . "/wp-config.php")) {
      require_once dirname(dirname(dirname(dirname(__FILE__)))) . "/wp-config.php";
   } else {
      require_once dirname(dirname(dirname(dirname(dirname(__FILE__))))) . "/wp-config.php";
}

And replace with:

Code: Select all
if(!defined('ABSPATH')) {
 if (file_exists(dirname(dirname(dirname(dirname(__FILE__)))) . "/wp-config.php")) {
      require_once dirname(dirname(dirname(dirname(__FILE__)))) . "/wp-config.php";
   } else {
      require_once dirname(dirname(dirname(dirname(dirname(__FILE__))))) . "/wp-config.php";
}
}

Thank you!

Jhong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Installation Support